Chinese Five Spice Chicken & Lychee Salad
- 1 cup of cooked chicken (or duck)
- 1 tbsp chinese five spice powder
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup fresh lychees (halved)
- 1 red chilli (julienned)
- 1 cup asian leaf salad mix
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves (shredded)
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup basil leaves
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 200 ml vegetable oil
Combine all ingredients in blender until emulsified
Shred the chicken then mix with the spice powder until coated.
Pan fry chicken in oil until slightly crisp. Mix lychees, chilli, asian leaves and mint.
Add enough dressing to moisten, then add the spiced chicken and mix thoroughly.
Recipe thanks to Rick & Lynne Bronson